Sunday, June 28, 2009

GRSS Education Fair!

It's been months since my last post. Well, the main reason for this long absence is because of my tight schedule before my exams on June 3-5. The other reason will probably be the lack of interesting things worth writing about. Now it's already the end of the 3rd week of my holidays. I'm so glad I finally have something to blog about.



This Wednesday and Thursday my college asked me to help out at their booth in the Green Road Education Fair. Gabriel and I were the only ex-Greenians in my class, so this explains why they only aksed the two of us to go. And I only found out on Wednesday morning that only one Sunway staff was going together with us, and guess what, she's a LECTURER because all the marketing people aren't around. When we arrived at the school hall, we discovered our booth is located in a 'strategic' position at the right end corner of the hall. What's worse is Sunway University College is just next to us. You can already predict they'll take away all the attention. Fortunately, they moved to another booth not long after the fair started because they whined that their booth is too 'unstrategic'.
So, we spend most of the Wednesday morning giving out brochures and 'forcing' passing students to fill up feedback forms. In return for their 'cooperation', we give them an EXCLUSIVE Sunway College Kuching pen! Yes, a PEN! On that day we still got some attention from students probably because they can't find the Sunway University College booth and thought that we are them! Sigh...

On Thursday things didn't go really well for us because Sunway University College moved back to their original location next to our booth because the other booth is now occupied. The attention they got was overwhelming that students just walk by our booth without even bothering to look at our booth. We ended up with so many extra brochures that I had to stick them to the windscreen of cars.

This is the first time I'm working in an education fair, so it's a new experience to me. Returning to my former school brings back all those memories. Got to meet some of my former teachers. Will definitely relish the opportunity to take part in a fair again, maybe in another school.

No comments:

Post a Comment